Sheltie is an extremely friendly and loyal dog. They are known for their high energy level and their love of playing with children, which is why many Shelties are often used as therapy animals. However, this can make them somewhat stubborn, so it is important to teach your Shetland how to listen to commands from you before he or she is allowed around children.
Shetland Sheepdogs can be trained very easily, especially when they know what they are being trained for. They have a strong desire to please and will work hard at learning what they need to do in order to get the reward they desire.
Sheltie Puppies For Sale in Ontario:
To update our list, we conducted our own independent research and contacted many Sheltie owners. You can ensure that we don’t include any backyard breeders or puppy mills on our list. So, without wasting time, Let’s Dive into the List:
The Best Sheltie Breeders in Ontario List:
1. Aberdale Shelties
2. Alfenloch Collies and Shelties
3. Laureate Shelties
4. Greendor Shelties
5. Herdabout Shelties
6. Highledge Shelties
7. Athill Shetland Sheepdogs
How To Choose Good Sheltie Breeders in Ontario:
A puppy buyer’s checklist when looking for the best Sheltie Breeders in Ontario:
1) Is the breeder registered with the Canadian Kennel Club (CKC)?
2) How long have they been breeding Sheltie? (minimum of 3 years) You want someone who has been doing it for years as it shows experience and dedication!?
3) Do they health test their dogs for genetic diseases?
4) Do they offer a health guarantee? (at least a 2-year health guarantee)
5) How many Sheltie do they breed per year? (the answer should be at least 10-15 puppies per year)
6) Do they provide puppy training and socialization? (this is very important for the puppies well being)
7) Are the parents of the puppies registered with the CKC?
8) What kind of personality do the parents have?
9) Are they willing to let you meet the puppy’s parents?
10) Are they willing to give you a tour of their home, and kennel or whelping area?
11) What kind of diet and exercise do the dogs get?
12) Are they willing to give you references from past customers? (and are those references available to contact?)
13) How much does it cost to buy a Sheltie puppy from them?
14) Are they able to ship puppies across Canada?
By asking these questions, you can be sure that you are getting a healthy, well-socialized puppy from a reputable breeder.
Why Buy From a Responsible Breeder?
1. Responsible breeders have their dogs health tested and ensure that they are good representatives of their breed.
2. A responsible and ethical breeder will never sell puppies without first meeting with potential buyers.
3. They also do not sell puppies until the dog is at least eight weeks old, which ensures that it will be well socialized with humans and other animals.
4. Responsible Breeders should also provide written documentation on the pedigree of a puppy’s parents, the health history of its parents. Also, if any of their dogs have a genetic disease, they will tell you about it.
5. Responsible breeders will raise puppies with socialization, proper nutrition, and veterinary care. The benefits of buying from a responsible breeder include: healthier pups, health guarantees for up to two years after the purchase date, beautiful pups that you can’t find at pet stores.
6. Purchasing a puppy from a responsible breeder means you’re getting an amazing new family member!
Do You Recommend any Good Sheltie Breeder In Ontario?
Conclusion For Sheltie Breeders in Ontario:
Before you buy a Sheltie, Watch “Sheltie Dog Breed Guide” below: