German Shepherds are great dogs. They’re loyal, intelligent and they love to cuddle. Although German shepherds make such a wonderful family dog, But it can be difficult to find a reputable breeder.
As a dog lover, you know how important it is to find reputable German Shepherd breeders in your area. Not all German Shepherd Breeders are equal to others and some may not be as reputable as others. To help you find the best one near you, we have compiled a list of the top 3 favorite German Shepherd Breeders in New Jersey that we can confidently recommend to anyone who looking for quality dogs!
How to Find German Shepherd Breeders in New Jersey:
We’ve done our own independent research as well as contact different German Shepherd owners to update our list. You can ensure that our list will not include any backyard breeders or puppy mills. So without further ado Lets Jump to the List:
List of Best German Shepherd Breeder in New Jersey
1. Jagermeister German Shepherds
They also offer training facilities on their 12 acres farm, which is located 4 miles from New Jersey. The main goal of this breeder which really sets them apart from other breeders is the health of the puppies. They’re very careful about the dog’s health and pay special attention to it. Which is why all their puppies are healthy and socialized at an early age.
2. Alkarah German Shepherds
All dogs are raised in a serene country setting and have plenty of room to roam around where they find plenty of things to keep them busy. Furthermore, they also spend time on a daily basis and playing with children and adults just like a family member. They specialize in breeding GSDs that are show quality but also fit into the family lifestyle as well!
Some of their dogs have won many awards at dog shows and Schutzhund titles including Best of Breed, Group 3rd place, Reserve Winners Dog, and more recently an Award of Merit for their work as Search-and-Rescue Dogs
German Shepherd Breeder Info:
Location: Western New Jersey
Website: Alkarah German Shepherds
3. Vogelhaus German Shepherds
As a German shepherd breeder, it is my aim to provide my clients with dogs who can be active members of the family, team members, and best friends. These dogs must be stable mentally and physically as well. It’s my goal to ensure that my clients receive the right puppy for their needs and to maintain a lifelong relationship to support them in any way I can.
All their German shepherd puppies are free from genetic diseases and come with a 2-year health warranty that you can count on. If you want to know more about that breeder check out their Website.
German Shepherd Breeder New Jersey Info:
Location: Cream Ridge, NJ
Website: Vogelhaus German Shepherds
How to Choose German Shepherd Breeders in New Jersey:
1. Do a lot of research: It is important to do your proper research before choosing a German Shepherd breeder. If you want the best possible puppy. A lot of people make mistakes before buying a German Shepherd puppy they don’t make any research about the breeder, And in the end, they get their dogs without research which lead to many problems in future.
2. Always Buy from a Reputable Breeder: Buy from a reputable breeder that has been breeding German Shepherd breed for a while. Reputable German Shepherd Breeders are usually members of the national kennel club in their country, for example, the AKC in the United States.
Remember, if they are not a member of the national kennel club or one of its regional affiliates, they are not reputable.
3. Health Checks: Reputable German Shepherd Breeders always ensure that their pups healthy and free from genetic diseases. They should be able to provide you with all the health clearances for both of their parents. All German Shepherd Breeders test their breeding dogs for Degenerative Myelopathy (DM), elbow and hip dysplasia. Hip and elbow clearances done by the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals.
How Much should a German shepherd puppy Cost in New Jersey?
The cost of a German Shepherd puppy can be expensive, For many things; but it is worth every penny. These dogs aren’t easy to breed and require extensive training which costs more than usual for most pets who don’t require it for their human companionship as well!
They also have unique features that set them apart from other breeds like size or personality. In addition to the actual cost, you also need to spend more money on food, along with whatever other supplies your pup needs like bowls/beds, etc.